June 12, 2018

Review Land-Sanrenmu 9046 LCC-GH-T3

Review Land-Sanrenmu 9046 LCC-GH-T3

Introduction

I do not say anything new if i say that Sanrenmu is one of the most reputable brands that exist in China in terms of cutlery, however, a criticism that i have always made is that it does not make knives of larger sizes, well, Sanrenmu took the brand Real Steel and fixed this, in addition to improving more quality, but in return the prices were not so attractive (although still good).

Land is a brand that Sanrenmu manufactures and combines larger sizes with VERY competitive prices.

When i was analyzing the Land-Sanrenmu 910+ i was surprised by the quality offered by the price, one of the biggest in the market, i wanted to repeat with another Land model to see if it leaves me the same sensations...

Exterior design and appearance

Well, it is clear how much this piece attracts attention because of its leaf, but let's look at it globally:

Overview 1

Overview 2

It is a multitool type knife, oriented to real work and with a hook type accessory with locking system.

Belt-cutter with lock

Belt-cutter detail

The blade is made of steel SandVic 12C27, which is one of my favorite steels in the mid-range, it is the same one used by Morakniv in its stainless knives, although the heat treatment is what ultimately determines the performance.

Detail of blade 1

It is not easy to put a name to the blade, it is a partial flat asymmetric grind of the main edge together with a full flat grind in a kind of double “tanto” tip that makes functions of "chisel" for wood, the lower useful edge area is straight without any curvature. It also has a bottle opener function but in my opinion it is circumstantial and its meaning is different (see section on management and use). Factory sharpening is pretty good at all angles, there is no area that does not cut, including the tip in the lower and upper area.

Detail of blade 2

Detail of blade 3

Detail of blade 4

Regarding the handle, it is in G10 and quite thick due to the fact that it has a belt-cutter hook tool, ending in a final "glass breaker". We can also see wrench for hexagonal nuts of size 10, 8, 6 and 4 millimeters.

Detail of the handle

Hex wrench

Glass-breaker

Regarding the measures we find:

Total length
Closed
Blade width
Blade length
Weight on scales
20.3 cm
12 cm
3.2 cm
8.5 cm
172 gr

Comparative

Comparative

Before appearing this piece, we had the Sanrenmu 7046, which is basically the same but with a smaller size, handles without G10, without double locking and without the belt-cutter hook tool.

Because of the price difference and according to my tastes, i have no doubt that i prefer the Land-Sanrenmu 9046 but it depends on what is sought.

Management and use

Undoubtedly, as i said in the previous section, the shape of the blade is the most striking, but you have to see if it is something aesthetic or is also functional and useful.

The blade is very suitable for treating wood, for example with the tip we can empty material as a chisel if we are making a wooden spoon, with the tip we would go carving and emptying the inside of the spoon, I think this example is perfect for what i want to say.

The truth is that the blade is oriented to work, that angle so abrupt between the straight edge and the “tanto” tip makes that with that area can be opened precincts, cut plastics, boxes etc. easily. But we can also open precincts with the tip itself as a "cutter".

It is a tool with all the letters because the blade is designed for it, besides the thickness of the handle allows to fill the hand well and handle it better when we work with it, it feels good in the hand and the texture in G10 is has quite good grip to base of small dots in the material.

Good size handle

Detail of the handle texture

Another detail that i like that makes it a TOOL is the double block, on the one hand we have a lock type "liner lock" with a good thickness, but we also have a lever to activate the second lock, with it put we can not unlock the "liner lock" manually, you must deactivate the second lock before. Of course, even with a double lock, a knife can fail and close if it is forced beyond its limits, but it is also true that it will hold more than if this knife had only one.

Thick "Liner lock"

With more detail still

Lever to activate the double lock

Regarding the opening, although it does not have bearings like the Land-Sanrenmu 910+, it opens well, not as smooth as it, but it is quite smooth, even closing it by inertia. That yes, the plate to open the blade is too narrow, with more width would open more comfortably.

Let's talk about other tools that it offers us:

The belt-cutter hook that comes with it comes quite sharp to cut (more than that of the Sanrenmu 7098) and does its job as i could verify myself. In addition, the hook has "liner lock" locking, which is quite difficult to see that this type of additions has a locking system.

Detail of the "liner lock" lock in the belt cutter

Top view of the lock of the belt cutter

The key for hexagonal nuts is an addition that we can use without problems in the measures indicated above.

The glass breaker is small and not very sharp, but i have no doubt that it will serve to break the glass of a car, for example.

Reversible pocket clip

Regarding the bottle opener, in my opiniĆ³n, that function i see it as something circumstantial because the real reason i see is that the base of the blade rests on the stop cylinder surrounding it and not like many other knives whose flat base hits the stop cylinder which is round and can deform. Being a round opening of the base of the blade on a round object (stop cylinder), the forces move to a larger surface. I have seen this technique in Sanrenmu, Land and Cold Steel models for example. Of course with the closed blade it can be used to open bottles, but for me the important thing is the previously expressed.

Final verdict

A very robust knife, for even heavy work due to its strength, handle that fills the hand, double blade lock, accessories such as the hook with its own lock, nut wrench, glass-breaker and bottle opener.

My assessment is that it still maintains a very high quality, like the one that surprised me with the previous model analyzed 910+. For the price of this 9046 and the 910+ model i have no doubt that we obtain one of the highest quality / price relationships in the market.

Really a real and functional work tool, not adornment.

The best

- Double locking of the blade.
- Belt-cutter hook with locking, this is difficult to see in multi-tool knives.
- One of the best quality / price ratio in the market.
- Real tool, not adornment, capable of receiving a hard treatment. The piece is very robust.

The worst

- The blade may not be attractive to some people.
- Very little penetration power, but its orientation is a work tool.
- High weight, but we must observe the size and the added tools.
- The plate to open the blade is too narrow, with more width would open more comfortably.

Moving

Where to buy the folder knife

Gearbest

Link: Land-Sanrenmu 9046 LCC-GH-T3

Other offers from the store:

Link: Knives offers
Link: Outdoors offers 1
Link: Outdoors offers 2
Link: Offers festival 618

Other knives on offer from the store:

GANZO FIREBIRD F720 Tactical Folding Knife – BLACK
Flash Sale Price: $17.99