November 16, 2018

Review Sanrenmu 9002


Review Sanrenmu 9002


Introduction

Recently we were looking at one of the new knives it big of sanrenmu, that so many years had expected to do this, was the model 9015, and let me so good taste of mouth I wanted to repeat with another of the last models sanrenmu, the model 9002. ¿Will be as good the 9002 as the 9015?. There will be to see it...

Exterior design and appearance

There is a reason for choosing the model 9002 between the new models from Sanrenmu, is this: the Blade. I loved the blade since I saw the first photos online. I like “tanto” tips, but some are more beautiful than other and this is of wich I love.






The first thing I mean is that there are two models with the same blade, the 9001 and the 9002, the difference is that the 9001 takes a "liner lock" with double lock as lock system and 9002 takes "frame lock" with disc stabilizer (really a rectangle stabilizer), also with double lock, my preference is always the "frame lock" regarding the liner lock.




Visually we have a stylized knife, blade and handle not very wide, G10 material in one of the handle scale and on the other part of the steel "frame lock".




Has tactical dyes by the "flipper" and the “tanto” tip, but gives me feeling of city "tactical", if it was not for the blade, does not stand out by having an aggressive look.





We have a hollow grind for the blade with an aggressive “tanto” tip and full flat grind close to that tip to strengthen, also a false back edge to improve penetration. Aesthetically I really like, and so I see like to many people in the network.







On the blade we have a hump with jimping with an angle very suitable. To open it we have a flipper and thumb studs, I prefer aesthetically that if it has a flipper then doesn’t have thumb studs and in this case furthermore because they are the same as in models land 910+, 9014, sanrenmu 9015 etc., already know that I don't like because sliding, but well, we have the flipper to open.

Steel used is the very much wanted Sandvik 12C27 that so many compliments is being carried by the heat treatment that makes it Sanrenmu.




The handle scale in G10 has been chosen in black, but I must say that there is another color to choose from, sand color. Texture chosen for the G10 is a simple pattern simple, non-type porous as is fashion lately, about the handle shape nothing to highlight. Finally, the steel used to the metal part of the handle is the 420.






Something that we have to comment is that the handle scale in G10 doesn't have a steel "liner" on which to stand, it is only G10, I prefer to take a "liner" to strengthen the handle, I don't care that weighs a little more for that, I guess there are people obsessed by weight of the pieces, I don't of course. I am sure that this decision of Sanrenmu has been by meet the obsession in some people that pieces are very light.

Is not a large knife at all, the minimum to be called good size:


Total length
Length closed
Blade thickness
Blade length
Weight in scale
20.1 cm
11.4 cm
3.1 mm
8.7 cm
101 gr


Management and use

Once we have knife in hand closed, we proceed to open it, to do so we can use the thumb studs or flipper.

And you know how I like the flippers for folder knives, but the problem with these thumb studs is that again are the same as in models Land 910+, 9104 or own sanrenmu 9015, I don't like, sliding, and more if there is a blade retention  slightly elevated. Please sanrenmu, change the design of those thumb studs, sliding and do not allow just blade retention if you want to use them without slipping. Is ironic that the best thumb studs I have tried are also of Sanrenmu, the Sanrenmu 913P.

Opening with pinball is wonderful as it was with the sanrenmu 9015, i'm not talking about that only be well, I say that is among the best I have tried. Very smooth thanks to the bearings and a balanced blade retention.




Once the folder knife is open we note that the "frame lock" is set in a correct position and blocks with safety the blade. We can activate the double lock also for safer. Disk stabilizer (here rectangle stabilizer) will help to not bend the metal liner of the "frame lock" against a huge force, of course if you bend a "frame lock" is that you wrong when choosing the tool, you needed a fixed knife, not a folder knife.






Pocket clip can only be used in a face and in a position, thing that is indifferent for me, hardness is average.




I have found a very good factory sharp, like the very sharp 9015. And once the handle in hand, but simple, makes the work, and one thing that improves the 9015 is in the hump with jimping, actually help to hold the folder knife from above. The angle of the hump is very well thought and jimping teeth with good grip.






Final verdict

I can’t say clearer, I am happy with these large models from Sanrenmu, you will like more or less about their designs, but I say to you that in quality it is of the best that has come, I talk in general of the last models of this brand.

I have a similar feeling that with the 9015, it has quality everywhere, in materials, finishes, polished, without sharp zones, perfect opening experience, good balance between blade retention and opening (but in this case less retention in the blade that in the 9015), that united to a blade that since I saw it knew that it wanted to have it.

In order that I can't do anything else that recommend it if you like its design, because it goes over in terms of quality.


The best

- Wonderful opening thanks to the bearings, flipper and a balanced blade retention.

- Appearance that I love thanks to the blade with hollow grind, full flat grind “tanto” tip and false back edge.

- As with the Sanrenmu 9015, I am delighted with the double lock “frame lock” system and in this case, "rectangle" stabilizer.

- These new models of sanrenmu have so much quality that it costs to get something bad for the "worst" section.


The worst

- For the tip of the blade, it is not to show everywhere, but it is really the only aggressive thing that has, nothing of its design makes specific reference to something tactical or military. For me it's no problem, but I notice.

- I would like to have a steel "liner" under the handle scale in G10 to reinforce it, I do not understand the obsession of some people by the weight of the knives that lead companies to lighten weight as it is. It's not like it's going to break, but I feel better if it has it.


- Because of my tests, I think it has less blade retention than in 9015, I would like it to be the same.


Moving





Where to buy it

Gearbest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gracias / Thanks