September 25, 2021

Review Wuben T2

Review Wuben T2

Introduction

Yes friends, I know you do not know because I have not said it, I am a lover of sharp edges, but I also love flashlights, I have a collection and I started learning about them years ago.

I'm going to do the first flashlight review on my channel so far, so stay tuned...

Design, appearance and build quality

This flashlight has a clear tactical design, built with an aircraft quality aluminum alloy body and tempered glass, withstands scratches, abrasions and corrosion, of course perfect for outdoor and bushcraft but I also see it perfect for home.

It is built with IP68 certification, which I like a lot because we will be able to use it in complicated situations such as dust or rain. IP68 or, as its acronym indicates “Ingress Protection” 68, is the maximum degree of protection that a device has against the access of particles, such as dust, and liquids (water for example). According to the manufacturer, it can withstand 1 hour under 2 meters of water, so of course the rain is not going to be a problem, or if it falls into puddles in the field.

One thing that I always look at is the threads, that the flashlights can be opened smoothly, and this piece does it incredibly good, it is very well built.

Regarding the measures we find:

Total length

Width

Weight without battery

Weight with battery

Dust and water protection

15.3 cm

2.1 cm

63 gr

110 gr

IP68

It has a clip, which can be removed and put in two positions, also because of the shape they have given it, it avoids rolling when placing it on a surface.

The quality of construction and materials is very good.

Handling and use

The flashlight has two buttons, one to choose the power and the other for the light mode.

One of the things I like is that it uses 2 normal AA batteries, which we can find anywhere, or AA Ni-MH rechargeable batteries.

The modes and their power in lumens are:

High

Medium

Low

Moon

Strobe mode

550 lúmenes

70 lúmenes

20 lúmenes

1 lúmenes

400 lúmenes

I would highlight several things, one is the amount of light that it can give us in high mode, it is very good to be powered only by two AA batteries, but its duration is short of course, but we will not always need the maximum light capacity, there are circumstances in which we want less light but much more time, that's what the other modes are for. The manufacturer indicates a beam of light 107 meters away, which is a lot.

Another thing to highlight is the "moon" mode, which is highly sought after by flashlight fans, it is very low light, only 1 lumen, but we will have hours and hours of autonomy, perfect for if the electricity goes out at home for several hours or if we are standing in the field at night. In those cases we are interested in seeing something around us but for a long time, if we move then we can always change to a higher mode in lumens.

Something that seems essential to me is that it has memory, that it remembers the last used mode. When a flashlight does not have a built-in memory, when you turn it on it will automatically go to the next mode compared to the last one we use, so if the last one was the maximum, when you turn it on again we will surely have the emergency mode blinking and leaving us somewhat blinded. Luckily this flashlight has memory and will remember the last mode.

It is very curious that the modes are not circular, when we reach the maximum power mode, the next mode is not the lowest but a level below the maximum. The modes work in "bounce" mode rather than in "circle" mode.

The reflector is of the "orange peel" type, which is normal for this type of flashlight, not focused on being so throwing, the led used is an OSRAM p9.

I leave some screenshots about the light modes:

The light is white, the camera has taken it as yellow but it is totally white.

Final verdict

A very balanced and useful flashlight, because it uses normal AA batteries, with 5 light modes, with memory to remember the last used mode, great build quality and with a mix between flooding/launcher prevailing to be a flood.

Having IP68 certificate makes it possible to take it out into the field, it is not a flashlight only to have at home, it will resist dust and water.

Delighted with this model and brand, I have many flashlights and I can compare them, so I have no doubt in being able to recommend this model.

Things that i love

- Use normal AA batteries or rechargeable Ni-Mh AA batteries.

- That it has IP68 certification for resistance to dust and water.

- The "moon" mode is very effective to spend hours and hours without running out of battery.

- The reflector is of the "orange peel" type, which will give us a more diffuse and pleasant light at short distances.

- Very good quality construction.

Things I would change

- Maybe there is too big a jump in lumens between high mode and medium mode, it could be more balanced.

Moving

Where to buy it

Wuben T2: ✅ https://bit.ly/39KhU3W

20% Discount Code: CK20T2

Official Web: ✅ https://www.wubenlight.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gracias / Thanks